The focus of the meeting will be on stellar dynamics and stellar population measurement that can be translated from resolved stars in our Milky Way to partiallyresolved galaxies in the distant Universe. These can be measured equally in observations and simulations, facilitating comparisons between the two.
The meeting will be divided into five key topics:
- Milky Way stellar population
- Milky Way stellar kinematics
- Extragalactic stellar populations of disk galaxies
- Extragalactic stellar kinematics of disk galaxies
- Comparing, contrasting, and adapting measurement techniques from the Milky Way and external galaxies